ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a plugged-in source they know and trust.
Canadiens Connection on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- Unrestricted free agent Mike Hoffman remains unsigned. The talented goal scorer put up 29 goals last season but has yet to find a home.
- Canadiens prospect report – Habs prospect Kaiden Guhle has made Team Canada for the upcoming World Junior Hockey Championships. Cole Caufield made the roster for Team USA. Jesse Ylonen is full of confidence when it comes to his future with the Canadiens.
- Canadiens Christmas Concert – Diane Bibaud played some lovely renditions of Christmas songs and some Canadiens players sent out holiday greetings.
- A picture of Brendan Gallagher in the new reverse retro Canadiens jersey was posted to social media.
- They Said What? – Habs sports science and performance director Pierre Allard spoke with media this week, touching on Alexander Romanov, Jesperi Kotkaniemi and more.
- Carey Price ranked number two in The Great Goalie Ranking from Sports Illustrated and the Hockey News.
- Forbes ranked the Canadiens as the third most valuable NHL franchise.
- Brian Burke thinks the Canadiens are more playoff ready than the other Canadian teams.
- Around the Hockey World – NHL targets a January 13th start with training camps set to open January 3rd, but it would be December 31st for teams who did not participate in the bubble. NHL/NHLPA leaning towards a 56-game schedule. Montreal will play in the all-Canadian division. NHL has proposed an expanded roster framework to the players. Cross-border trades will be allowed but quarantine periods will be respected. NHL intends to purchase COVID-19 vaccines for players
Segment 2: Best Habs team in a quarter century
This week, Habs beat writer Mathias Brunet argued that the 2020-21 edition of the Montreal Canadiens could be the best Habs roster in 25 years. Do you agree? Rick and Joe discuss the possibility of this team being the best Habs team constructed in the last 25 years.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Social media reactions.
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Be sure to follow @habsconnection on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Search for “Canadiens Connection” from Rocket Sports Radio on your favorite podcast app and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on apps including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!
Listen in the player below on Saturday, December 12th starting at 3:00 pm. ET. or ANYTIME on demand.
Next week’s episode will be available on Saturday, December 19th at 3:00 pm. ET. (4:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
Listen and Subscribe Here
Published at Sat, 12 Dec 2020 20:03:35 +0000